Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wind farms what a waste of money ,do you agree?

After several years of asking for data from the grid system on any input from any wind farm into the grid not one reply the grid can not take power from these farms it starts pulsing onthe system i live in wales. and no mr morgan we do not like like to see them on the landscape, they are a total mess any one agree?



Wind farms what a waste of money ,do you agree?musicals



I do not. I think the "windmills" in wind farms actually look sort of high tech and much more appealing than the huge coal-fed power plants.



Wind farms what a waste of money ,do you agree?opera songs opera theater



i quite like the look of wind turbines on fields. i probably wouldnt like them if i had to but up with the constant noise from them though.
no I don't



nuclear powerstations? what a dangerous alternative
Yes they are blown out of proportion!
No. In the U.S., especially in the Upper Midwest and the West Coast--wind farms are working well. My utility company allows me to elect to pay a premium (about 20-30% more) to guarantee that all of the power I consume comes only from wind power. It's great--no pollution, to depletion of natural resources, using technology that's already here. And sure there are problems (like the lack of storage and unregular access) but as part of an overall new energy plan, they're great.
I think thyey look alot more professional and business like i like them
The harnessing of energy from renewable sources is a positive, IMHO. Wind power, while potentially dangerous for some migratory birds that fly into the turbines, is part of the solution regarding our dependance on fossil fuels.



I have to believe that there are technological fixes for any glitches caused by wind-generated energy.
Lord, no...



In Texas several years ago, they decided to see if they could develop wind power...so they spent some tax money on it, and expected to break even in five years. They broke even in two, and are now quite profitable...plus they are producing about 15% of the electricity in Texas now. (And George Bush...believe it or not...was the Governor who initiated it...go figure. Wish he'd do something similar for the whole country.)
I agree.....probably someone's idea of trying to make a profit and getting the enviormentalists on their side.
No, I don't agree. I think they're an indication that we're paying attention to what we're doing to our Home and are certainly more attractive than one of those "cricket" oil pumps that dot the landscape in California, Texas, etc.. For info on grid input, try Southern Cal Edison. I remember hearing specifics at a weekend workshop years ago.
Totally disagree - provided they keep them all in Wales............
My provider, Austin Electric, is the largest consumer of renewable energy in the United States. I pay less for wind energy than someone who pays for energy from our natural gas and coal plants.



At the end of the ten year contract that Ausitn Electricty signed, they will renew it and buy more energy because the GreenEnergy program has been sold out.
No! I think that even research alone on any alternative fuel source is better than continuing to suck on the oily teat of the middle east!
I think wind farms rock. Free renewable energy. No oil man gets rich from it. :)
They are a blight on the Landscape. Huge dominating things. Used to holiday in Cornwall. Never go back there again due to them things..
No I don't agree, I live near a windfarm and it makes me smile every time I pass, keep waiting for the Tele Tubbies to jump out.
no i don't agree at all it's a natural source of power we need to use it, it's that kind of attitude that got us in this mess in the first place.
Wind farms are only 25% efficient it's true. However, since the greenhouse effect is rapidly getting worse and we are running out of fossil fuels I think we'll have to put up with a blot on the landscape as anything that helps the environment must be encouraged. And yes, I do live near a wind farm.
Perhaps you would prefer a nuclear power station in your back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd