Thursday, December 10, 2009

Salty Sam's Super Saturday....any memories?

I remember how funny it was when they had the bubblegum blowing contests, the mess and how different it would be if that show were still on today. Mr Moose, Mr Greenjeans, and who else was there........anyone?



Salty Sam's Super Saturday....any memories?performing show



Salty Sam's Super Saturday?!? I think you're on your own there kiddo. Sounds like some dark, disturbing repressed memory if you ask me.



I'm guessing you're Syracuse, right?

4 comments:

  1. I remember Salty Sam's Super Saturday!!! It opened showing him wake up, wearing a giant onesy...washed his face in a basin...and got dressed!
    He played Mr Magoo cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Salty as well as the Magic Toy Shop. I was on Bozo and when it was to be aired President Nixon interrupted with a special address. I also remember Saturday Monster Movie Matinee. I lived in Chittenango.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 51 years old. It's a Saturday morning in November 2021, and I just woke up with the theme song for Salty Sam's Shipper Saturday running through my head. Brains are weird, funny things! I have no idea why a fuzzy ~45 year old memory popped up, but it make me want to grab a bowl of cereal and sit in the living room floor and watch cartoons!

    Mr Greenjeans was a Captain Kangaroo character, but I don't remember a lot more. IIRC, Salty Sam also had a local tie-in with the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon, either hosting a carnival or encouraging kids to put on a charity carnival?

    Oh, I also grew up in Chittenango.

    ReplyDelete

 
Ltd