Saturday, December 5, 2009

Could my family's history be made into a book? [See ALL additional details to decide yes/no, pl

I once was told my family's history could be made into a book... or a soap opera. You, of Y!A, I am going to allow to decide whether or not this is true or false. It's a long read, though. VERY long.



Let's start with my mother, Dorothy. Her nickname was Dolly. She was adopted, and lived with an adoptive mother Viola and adoptive father John. Her adoptive parents had two children of their own, John and Eileen. They also had another adoptive daughter, Barbara.



When Dolly was 14 she started smoking 5 packs of Heavy Malboro a day. By the time she was 15, she was pregnant. Viola and John insisted she marry the man who impregnated her, and she did. This was when my mother dropped out of highschool. However, once the baby was born -- Maribeth -- my mother decided that she could not handle taking care of a child, and gave the baby over to her new husband's parents. Several weeks later, she got an anulment + divorce and their relationship ended.



It was about this time my mother met --



Could my family's history be made into a book? [See ALL additional details to decide yes/no, please]?performing arts center



well its sure not a boring story! I say go for it!



Could my family's history be made into a book? [See ALL additional details to decide yes/no, please]?sunshine opera theaterWith the right author, just about any story can be a best selling novel. Report It


make a book.
It's very dramatic. I'd definately read it if you sent me a copy when it became a book :) It's very tragic, and event after event happens, so it would be like a soap opera, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I found myself sympathizing with the characters, and at certain points your story seems to focus on certain characters, like a soap opera and novel would do, kind of like story lines. And you're a pretty good writer, too. Your family's history is a lot more interesting, dramatic, and event-filled than most people's. In fact, mine's nowhere near as interesting.



Go for it and make it into a book. I'd be interested in buying a copy :)
Drawn out, this really could be a book, soap opera, or decent length drama series. I'd say more, but after reading all that, I'm tired and I want a nap.
holy cow i would write the book and then contact "Life time" (the television station. they make good movies out of true stories like that and this is a good one.. GOOD LUCK ;-)
snore,snore,It sounds like a million other people's lives,some better



some worse.what makes you think anyone would care to buy what



your trying to sell???
I would definitely by and read this book.
It would make an AWESOME book! I am serious! You should try and lengthen it to like 106 pages and have it published! I would buy it!
sure, sounds good. However, the one thing that I question was, as a woman who's had 2 c-sections; I was told that after 2 you MUST have the rest c-sections. Hench; my 3rd was c-section....the uterus is NOT strong enough after two.



otherwise, wow....it already sounds like a lifetime movie.



good luck!
everyone's life has a good story, its just about finding it.



talk to an editior and a book publisher
Quite a life, it sounds as if it would make a good book and movie. It has a continuing storyline with all the characters, and twists you don't expect. I know it's your real life, it's sad, but I think it's an interesting book plot. At least after all of it your head is on straight, and looking to the future. Good Luck!
it's a hallmark, babes!
You had me going there until you said you "karate chopped the table in half" in the lunchroom at school. That's a very dramatic story, definitely book-worthy, hey, maybe even a movie!
It would definitely make an interesting book or soap opera.
As I'm the boyfriend in Megami's story, you'd have every right to consider me to be biased, however...I MUST respond to one user's answer: Her life is NOT like "a million other people's".



Every day, I have to deal with not being able to completely accept that she is even telling me the truth regarding the story. Her life is so strange, and so "eventful", you could say, that I, with my relatively average life, drive myself insane debating myself.



One side (back when I was a materialist and atheist and didn't accept the existence of anything odder than a funny coincidence, and never saw anything odder, before I met her) would rather consider her a liar or mentally unsound rather than sacrifice the idea that other peoples' lives, on the whole, are as ordinary as mine, and that if you can't see it yourself or prove it repeatably, it is FALSE. The other side of me is willing to accept, but it's a slow wait.



If it wasn't for the fact that I love her, and having successfully used magic (the paranormal variety, not the stage kind) four times so far, and a variety of odd coincidences, and my good friend learning astral projection (as of yet, he's still just doing spontaneous, accidental projections, but he's working at it) , I wouldn't even be TRYING to accept it.



I'm sorry for the long rant, but that answer angered me. It's so eventful, so crazy that I, her boyfriend, have trouble believing parts of it, that to call it boring just gets under my skin.
I think a lot of people could relate so sure
wow, hope you feel better now that you have got that off of your chest! keep your head up, and yeah, a great book. im sure you all ready know how much people like drama, and if its not in their life they prey on it.
holy crap!!!! make a soap opera or movie or somethin!!
Wow hunny, your so very young to have gone through all of this stuff..



I would buy your book any day, and a soap opera would be good too i guess, but i don't watch them, so i would say book..



Good luck to you in your travels, you sound like a very strong WOMAN,



You can e-mail me anyday if you need some advice on anything..



Take care of yourself, and by the way,



your boyfriend sounds like a great guy, your lucky to have him in your life..



In life we have to realize that we can pick our friends, and have no choice when it comes to family, you do the best you can do to survive!!



Take care..
I'm adding this to watch list, I gotta read it later!



Sounds good tho...
5 years from now when you meet that cool 40 yr old who wins your heart, he'll end up being your biological father.



The autistic children are possessed by a spirit your shamanism called up, and after writing the book you get killed by them while doing a book signing in your hometown.
Sounds like fun!
Alex Haley did the very same thing in his novella "Roots"....and I see you too have journalistic potential. I don't see why not--go for writing the epic novel about your family's history....work in libaries, wherever they take you to....and pour into the investigation.



This is an extremely HUGE project that surely will take years to finish.....and is still a work in progress. Good luck with your success in this endeavor.
Go for it! :-)



I am sure lots of people will enjoy :-)
Fantstically interesting. Write the book!!
It'll be a best seller. Might even get Hollywood to make a movie.
You poor child...no wonder you are needing so much attention. Life will change, you'll see. Do not become a "victim" or you will stay a victim. God bless you.
omg it really is.
make a book to long not to be a book
If you want to publish a book go for it. I want to publish one too so tell me if you know of any good publishers.
yes you have a story tell me who don't have one infact i'am writeing a book on my own life a family with 8 boy's and eight girl's it would make color purple look small compared to what i went through as a child you name it i have been through it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd